March 3: Rev. Robert Quarterman Mallard
Robert Quarterman Mallard, son of Thomas and Rebecca (Burnley) Mallard, was born at Waltourville, Liberty county, on September 7, 1830. He was received into the Midway Congregational church on May 15, 1852, and graduated from the University of Georgia in 1850, before entering on his preparation for the ministry at Columbia Theological Seminary. Then graduating […]
On the Celebration of the Supper by the Courts
October 31, 2013
... Continue reading
Posted: Author-Title Index
The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America will meet this June 9-12 in Chattanooga, TN. For Commissioner registration information click here.
Volume 1 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr01smyt
Volume 2 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr02smyt
Volume 3 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr03smyt
Volume 4 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr04smyt
Volume 5 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr05smyt
Volume 6 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr06smyt
Volume 7 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr07smyt
Volume 8 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr08smyt
Volume 9 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr09smyt
Volume 10 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr10smyt
Posted: Finding Aid for the Kenneth A. Horner, Jr. Manuscript Collection.
Original sources on the formation of the PCA :
Four main organizations were formative of the Presbyterian Church in America :
1. Concerned Presbyterians, a layman's group led by ruling elders;
2. Presbyterian Churchmen United, an organization for pastors;
3. The Presbyterian Journal, a magazine begun in 1942; and
4. The Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship, a ministry focused on revival.
Publications issued by the first two of these groups are now online.
[click on the cover image for access to issues]
The Concerned Presbyterian
No. 1 (March 1965)-No. 37 (1976)
(Presbyterian Churchmen United)
The Hodge-Thornwell Debates and their background :
Other Items of Interest :
• On the Revision of the Confession of Faith (1890), by Dr. Benjamin B. Warfield.
• The History Behind the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod, by Dr. George P. Hutchinson.
• “The Third Revision of the Directory of Worship” (PCUS, 1885)
- PCA Position Papers
- RPCES Documents
- PCA Congregations
- 50 Oldest Churches in the PCA
- PCA Presbyteries
- PCA Agencies
- PCA Book of Church Order
- Historical Development of the PCA Book of Church Order
- History Matters
- Search for a PCA Logo
Text Resources :
Historical Center Information :