Presbyteries of the
Reformed Presbyterian Church in North America, General Synod
(RPCNA,GS)
Upon its formation in 1833, the General Synod branch of the Reformed Presbyterian Church was divided into two synods, Eastern and Western Sub-synods. The former was constituted of the Philadelphia, the Western and the Northern Presbyteries, while the Western Sub-synod was made up of the churches of the Pittsburgh, the Ohio and the Western Presbyteries. All six presbyteries of the General Synod Church would thus have 7 August 1833 as their date of organization. By 1847, a Chicago Presbytery is also entered on the roll. Mission work in India began in 1834 with the sending of J.R. Campbell, and the Saharanpur Presbytery was later formed around 1862.
EASTERN SUB-SYNOD:
Philadelphia Presbytery

Holdings at the PCA Historical Center include the Minutes of Presbytery, June 1909 through July 1965, in two Minutes books [520 pages total]

Northern Presbytery

Location of records unknown
Eastern Presbytery
Location of records unknown
WESTERN SUB-SYNOD:

Pittsburgh Presbytery:

Holdings include the Minutes of Presbytery, May 1850 to April 1965, six Minute books
[approximately 1358 pages]. Also available on 16mm. microfilm.

Ohio Presbytery
Location of records unknown
Western Presbytery:
Holdings include the Minutes of Presbytery, October 1854 to May 1917 and September 1944 to May 1957, in four Minute books [approximately 800 pages]
 
Saharanpur Presbytery (India)




 

 

 

©PCA Historical Center, 12330 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO, 2007. All Rights Reserved.